memory usage Problem !

Dear All

   I am working on threadx with the metaware tools. I cant seem to
determine the size of the .data section used by the object files(ELF
format).

 I thought that the .data contains initialised global and static
variables used in the program. But it looks like its taking much more
size than that.

 for eg. In one of the .c files that i use - there are no global or
static variables. But the .data section of the corresponding .o
contains a .data section of a considerable size. How can this be??

 please Help.

 Thanks a LOT

 1011 10

Re: memory usage Problem !

You could always get a compiler / assembler listing, or a dump of the
object file, and *look*.