MCORE

Hi all, My name is Federico Herrera and I'm from Argentina. I'm developing a project using the MMC 2001 from Motorola and I have some problems whit its functionallity. I'm using to debugging the Metrowerks Codewarrior for MCORE 2.0 and I have some problems. I have debugging the project with the TRK from the RAM whit the UART 0 port of the Mcore but when I have implemented interrupts and I run the debug, the program doesn't run, and we cant stop it. The problem is that the Codewarrior uses interrupts to debug the project and doesn't allow to my program uses it, even I can't change some registers that I need to change for make my project run. So I contacted some people and they told me that I must run program from the flash, but I don't know how to do it. I've readed MetroTRK_Reference document. It says that I must "share" the interrupt vector table between the TRK exception handler and my own interrupt handler, but it doesn't explain how to do it.In that document, says next:

"You can customize exception handling for M"Core; your target application can handle any exception. However, the M"Core version of MetroTRK must receive all Breakpoint and Trace exceptions. Therefore, after handling a Breakpoint or Trace exception, the interrupt handler in your target application must call the MetroTRK exception handling code so that MetroTRK also can handle the exception. (This is called sharing the exception.)"

How can I do that? In which function of the TRK does reside the exception-handling code? How call it from my target application?

The TRK uses the InterruptHandler() function to manages the interrupts and that function is at address 0x2d002160 in the flash. I have done next to Share interrupts but it hasn't worked: I've modified the interrupthandler() function by adding the address of my interrupt routine service to it but, I don't know why, it hasn't worked; the program stop run and I can't manage it. I've intented to manage interrupts setting in the vector table addres's fast interrupt (0x30009002c) the address of my own interrupt routine service but when I'm debugging the program always jump to that routine and stop run because, traces and breakpoint uses fast interrupts too. Can anybody help me with my problem?

I apreciatte your help and I thank you a lot.

Best Regards,

Federico Herrera.

Reply to
Federico Herrera

Link it for flash and use the MCoreFlasher from Motorola to get it into the flash. Depending on the eval board it is a bit tricky but not to complicated. Be sure you did read _all_ documentation. (There even should be some flash examples comming with CW.)

Just copy those vectors into your vector table. This should do the trick.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)