MCF5282 Coldfire Compiler

Hi,

I have to compile a project using a Coldfire compiler valid for MCF5282. Taking a look over the Internet I've found the compiler (gcc), but it is in source form.

I want to use gcc because it's freeware, but I have to use a Win2K platform and I'm a beginner about GCC building issues.

So, my question is: is there anybody who have already built the gcc for Coldfire ? Could you send me a link where to download the built compiler version running on Win2K ?

Thank you very much

Best Regards

/Alessandro Strazzèro

Reply to
Alessandro Strazzèro

snipped-for-privacy@inwind.it (Alessandro Strazzèro) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Just download the cygwin package for Win32, gcc is in there already compiled.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

For coldfire?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

For me it does make sense to suggest using a dedicated Linux box for this kind of development. Cygwin, as development environment, does nothing more than provide a UNIX/LINUX like environment (but does it very good!) So I ask: why not using a native LINUX development platform for this kind of Cross development for the ColdFire? What do you need from Windows in this case? Take one of your old Pentium xyz, install Linux, ColdFire cross-tools, login from Windows, that's it. It even makes more sense if you try to compile for a Linux target on the ColdFire.

Only my 2 ¢ Regards Heinz

Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel