MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0

Hi, I'm using the MC9S12NE64 with the Freescale version of OpenTCP and
I'm having some problems the the tcp/ip-stack making it in the CodeWarrio
IDE. Could somebody tell me from where can I download the FSOTCP_1.0. And
wanna ask if somebody had tried to rum the MC9S12NE64 as tcp_client???

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0
Hi, you can download FSOTCP_1-0 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freescaleotcp/  But this version is
still a bit buggy, i hope they'll release a updated version soon. And
yes i'm using MC9S12NE64 as tcp_client. What's the problem you've been
having?

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0

The problem is that it connects to the PC whenever it wants!!! on the on
restart it connects on the other it doesn't even want to send a packet t
the PC. And the other thing is that when connected if I send data from th
PC to the ne64 it does'n generate an TCP_EVENT_DATA but only TCP_EVENT_AC
and I can't read the data!!!!!!
And another thing when I close the connection it puts the socket in tim
wait and never closes it and I have to re-init the whole connection!!!!
Can you give me some hints what to do!!!

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0
Hi, well i have the same problem with you with that is places the
socket i timed wait, i use tcp_abort instead, it's not a pretty
sollution but it works for me. But the problem with openTCP connecting
when you haven't issued tcp_connect is a problem i haven't encounterd.
Are you shure it's not just a coding error from your side, have you
tried placing a breakpoint on tcp_connect to check who's issuing the
command?

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0

About the timed wai i manage to escape it by chanching the genareted even
in the process_tcp_in function!!!
About the other problem no I haven't got any problems in my side of th
code I've used an example which they told it works fine!!! I tried i
debug mode everything passes and yet again there is no packet that comne
to the pc!!! I've no idea what's goin on!!!

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0

One thing to check for - make sure there is a call to RTI_Init()
sometime during the startup process - without the hardware timer
programmed, you'll never generate any interrupts to increment the
software timer pool, which means none of the timeout events in the TCP
stack will ever happen.

I think this call may have been missing from some demo code, or if it
was there it got deleated quite early in my experiments...

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0

I'll try it up.
Thanks!!!

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0
Hi,
Can somebody tell me why when I'm using the chip as a TCP client when
send data from the PC to the NE64 it doesn't generate
TCP_EVENT_DATA????
If somebody can help???

Thanks!!!

www.EmbeddedRelated.com