MC9328MX1, cannot init the IrDA

My development board of the MX1 is in the embedded linux plaftform.
Before the stage that use C++ to start the IrDa port, I've tried to use
"regread" and "regwrite" to change the register of the MX1 in order to
init or use the IrDA. Once I finish the register setting, and I try the
minicom of the embedded linux to use the IrDA. However, I think I've
faild to init the IrDA in it.
I have difficulties in using IrDA, can you show me what hardware setting
and register config to init the IrDA, and if the IrDA starts, how can I
get notice?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Jacky