MC68HC908GP32CP in-circuit

Hiya,

Id like to implement in circuit program for the MC68HC908GP32CP. Ive looked into various solutions mostly provided by motorola using either there mon08 cable or there spgrs cable (not sure if thats correct something like that)

But ideally I would like to create or use a circuit where I could attach in my own cable that connects to the serial port, all the circuitry would be on-board.

Cheers

greg

Reply to
spleen

To use the regular serial port, you will have to do your own EEROM programming - the in-built code can only use its dedicated bidirectional pin. See Motorola's AN2183 for the mechanics of programming the EEROM. The main point is that you cannot execute the programming code from the EEROM: you must copy it to RAM & execute from there. It never hurts to include some means of recovering should your programming fail part-way: you now have garbage code in the EEROM: so how will you rescue your system? Typically, this means pulling /INT to

+9V, so forc :Hiya, : :Id like to implement in circuit program for the MC68HC908GP32CP. Ive looked :into various solutions mostly provided by motorola using either there mon08 :cable or there spgrs cable (not sure if thats correct something like that) : :But ideally I would like to create or use a circuit where I could attach in :my own cable that connects to the serial port, all the circuitry would be :on-board. : :Cheers : :greg : : : :
Reply to
David R Brooks

see the discussion board in yahoo

register for a free membership to access the files section and read the mon08.pdf sheet what covers the AZ60 and is very similar to the GP32 (except CAN)

Reply to
Janvi