MC68360 HDLC/SDLC.

Sorry if the questions sound silly, but I'm a newbie . . . I need to develop the SDLC protocol for the MC68360. I read that this processor supports the HDLC protocol. My questions are:

1) Can someone point me to a URL where I can download a driver for the MC68360 able to address RS232 and/or RS422 I/O ports?

2) Can someone point me to a URL where I can download the HDLC driver for the MC68360?

3) Has this processor been designed to support SDLC protocol? If yes, can someone point me to a URL where I can download the SDLC driver for the MC68360?

Any help would be appreciated. Regards.

Reply to
Cristian Brambilla

If you do not need the SDLC loop mode, you're nearly there.

The difference between SDLC and HDLC is mainly in the name. IIRC, the loop mode is a peculiarity of SDLC, tied to the early IBM ring architecture.

HTH

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi