matlab code for modulation

hi can any pl give code 8psk, 16 psk, 32 psk and 8 qam, 16 qam, 32 qam ,64 qam and dpsk ...

regards chethan kumar

Reply to
chethan

and dpsk ...

Homework?

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

He's got the right name if that's the case! :)

Reply to
Spuckle

This would be a question for comp.dsp, if it were well formed.

Knowing what you're doing would help. If you really want just the modulation side (and not demodulation), then getting your own code working is probably going to be quicker than figuring out someone else's code and adapting it to your use.

If you mean _de_ modulation, then say so -- but don't expect that anyone is going to go giving you code, although we'll help you write if you ask how.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

yes homw work

Reply to
chethan

OK. I've never seen anyone give out homework answers on this or any other USENET newsgroup. I certainly won't. In general, the belief is that people who get through school by presenting other people's work as their own end up being managers who get promotions by presenting other people's work as their own. Given that we're the "other people", and what we're missing out on is the kind of credit that gets us raises in pay, we don't like that.

However, at least some of us are friendly, and if you tell us what your assignment is, and where you're stuck (even if it's the very beginning), we'll be happy to help you and coach you through getting this done. As long as we feel like you're _learning_ the stuff rather than just copying it into a buffer to be regurgitated later, without ever having actually lit up any neurons in your pre-frontal lobes, then we're willing to help.

So, let us know what's up, and we'll try to help.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Another point to add to Tim's advice - please learn to write in correct English. No one minds if there are grammatical errors or if you have difficulty expressing yourself precisely - this is an international group, and we are all used to non-native English speakers. But we expect you to write fully - no "pls" or other silly "SMS" language, we expect you to use a spell-checker to catch simple mistakes, and we expect you to use capital letters and punctuation correctly.

One day, you will be finished with your education and will be looking for a job. Being able to write properly in English (and your own native language(s), of course), is a vital skill for any job. So you might as well start practising.

Bonus points for honesty in admitting this is homework, however.

David

Reply to
David Brown

Hi Sorry for using SMS English....

Reply to
chethan

NP m8!

Grtz, R

Reply to
Rene

Hi i have difficulty in understanding how bits are mapped onto carrier in 8 psk and qam .... can any please help on this

thanks regards chethan

Reply to
chethan

Ultimately they get mapped however the system designer wants them to be.

Usually a designer will do it so that if the phase decision is off by one bin there's only a one-bit error, which means that as you count them off in a circle they go by a gray code.

So QAM would be 00, 01, 11, 10 and 8-PSK would be 000, 001, 011, 010, 110, 111, 101, 100

Or, looking at constellations (in a fixed-width font),

QAM:

00 10 01 11

8-PSK:

000 100 001 101 011 111 010 110