Mapping the PGN with ID register

hi everyone!
             I need to  map any  Parameter Group Number for example
65271 with the ID register in the Fujitsu MB90F450 series
Controller.Parameter Group Number has 24bits but ID register has 32
bits, how to map this PGN with ID?. And also plz give me an idea to map
this PGN with CAN extended frame format, i mean bit by bit.

Thanks and Regards,
Charan

Re: Mapping the PGN with ID register

Two questions:
- Which bits of the CAN ID contain the 24 bits of a PGN?
- How is the 29bit CAN ID mapped into the MB90F450 ID registers?

Getting this information, I might help.

Regards
 Heinz

Re: Mapping the PGN with ID register
hi Heinz!
       Sorry for wrongly asked doubt. Plz give me the suggestion on
Calculating Parameter Group Number(PGN) for an extended Identifier. Is
there any method or formulae?.

thanks in advance

Re: Mapping the PGN with ID register
On 18 Jan 2006 20:55:59 -0800 in comp.arch.embedded, "Charan"

if (PDUF < 240)
   PGN = PDUF*256;         // PDU1
else
   PGN = PDUF*256 + PDUS;  // PDU2

However, you have to OR in the DA for PDU1 messages when you actually
transmit them.

Regards,
   -=Dave
                                        -=Dave

--
Change is inevitable, progress is not.

Re: Mapping the PGN with ID register
Thanks for all, now i am engaged in  writing  the interrupt routine for
CAN transmission and reception. plz give some suggestion on how to
initialize the interrupt routine? how to use them in the transmission
and reception?. is there any steps to be followed for Interrupts. how
can i utilize Last Event Indication Register(LEIR) here in interrupts?

Regards
Charan

Site Timeline