mainboard lowpower any recomendation wanted

Hello all together

What I'm looking for is a mainboard/processorboard for a mobile solution
so power consumption is a key issue. The following requirements I roughly
have:

 - No mechanical parts like fan an disks
 - Cpu with low power consumption but still the power to run
   lets say a linux OS with a browser application and some java so an X
   server will need to be run as well
 - Graphics capabilities -> 10" to 12" LCD monitor is going to be used
   togther with a touch sensitive surface
 - Wlan interface or at least a pccard slot
 - Serial interface (RS.232)

I don't think a x86 compatible processor will have the desired power/el.
power consumption relation. I thougt of PPC or ARM.

Do you have any recomendation or experiance with this similar
requirements? Are there some board to buy off the shelf which meet at
least this items?

Any suggestion is apriciated.

Martin

Re: mainboard lowpower any recomendation wanted
Check out http://www.littlearm.com/products.htm for LN2410SBC/TFT pack.
It is the same chip - S3C2410 - that used in HP IPAQ 1940.

Re: mainboard lowpower any recomendation wanted
Hello Martin,
i haven't mutch to say too.

The Ectako pocket devices haven't fan & use x86 TMPR processor. They
use Green Hill C compiler for , I think any Linux as embedded OS.

The reason most pocket PC use ARM & WinCE is "eMbedded Visual C". It
work with main classes of Visual Studio for PC but Java not.
To use ones as offshelf: I can't to find any descriptions for direct
control of resources except in eVC classes.

Cheers

Site Timeline