M.J. Pont book 'Patterns for Time Triggered Embedded Systems

What do you think of this book.  Is it worth getting?

Ian

--
Ian Bell

Re: M.J. Pont book 'Patterns for Time Triggered Embedded Systems

It depends where you are coming from.  The book starts with some very, very,
basic stuff.  If you are new or a student then this is what you want.  If
you are more experienced then I still think it is a very good reference but
be prepared to hunt a bit for the good bits - it's a long book.

See this review:
http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/accu/rvout.cgi?from=0au_p&file=p003031a

Regards,
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Re: M.J. Pont book 'Patterns for Time Triggered Embedded Systems

I must admit I fibbed a bit.  I have already bought the book because it
sounded like it covered just what I was interested in.  However, my first
impressions are that it starts at a very basic level and fails to discuss
some key topics in sufficient depth.  Frankly I was disappointed but wanted
to see what others thought first.

Ian

--
Ian Bell