LWM2M C Language Implementation for the Small Embedded IoT Devices

Hi group!

As a n00b in the IoT domain I have had trouble finding a suitable open sour
ce implementation in C for the LWM2M protocol with DTLS support.

What I have found so far are following implementations:

- Contiki lwm2m: https://github.com/sics-iot/lwm2m-contiki
- Wakaama LWM2M: https://github.com/eclipse/wakaama
- Awa LWM2M: https://github.com/FlowM2M/AwaLWM2M
- Anjay: https://github.com/AVSystem/Anjay

However I am not able to compare pros and cons of the different implementat
ions in terms of code quality, features, maturity, code size etc.

The target device is built on an ARM Cortex M4 with 256 KB Flash memory, 48
 KB of RAM and an Ethernet connection. The network stack might be LwIP supp
orting IPv4 and IPv6, but if I decide to go for Contiki I probably will use
 the built-in uIP stack. The device is a OS-less bare-metal system or Conti
ki.

I would appreciate very much if someone has experience in those implementat
ions and could give me some feedback or point me to the right direction.

Best regards,
Kalvin

Re: LWM2M C Language Implementation for the Small Embedded IoT Devices
Small update: After some evaluation I decided to go with Wakaama LWM2M due
to decent memory requirements and porting effort. I was able to port Wakaam
a LWM2M Client with DTLS-support running on top of a LwIP 2.0.2 using the L
wIP IPv4 event-driven Raw API (ie. no sockets) with a PPP connection, consu
ming around 132KB Flash and 32KB RAM. The system is a bare-metal ARM M4 sys
tem (ie. not actual operating system) targeted for very low power sensor ap
plications requiring IoT connectivity for device management and sensor data
 uploading to the cloud server.

Br,
Kalvin

Re: LWM2M C Language Implementation for the Small Embedded IoT Devices

hi Kalvin

any updates, sample code, im trying to do the same on an m4 g55 microchip m
cu.

thanks

rp