lpc2106

Hi all,

where to buy small quantity (20-50 units) of lpc2006 (in Europe or China)?

Thanks in advance,

Laurent Gauch

Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

Or are there any guys OK to share an 250 pces order with Amontec? In this case, Amontec will buy by AVNET and will share 125 units or more.

Let me know.

Laurent Gauch

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------ Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!

-- See

----

Reply to
Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

I got 20 from Silica/Avnet in the UK a few weeks ago without too many problems (nearly 200 GBP including VAT and carriage). Most distributors want to sell them by the tray (250 pcs). 6-8 weeks lead time, as well.

Some of the chip brokers have access to stocks, but they probably wouldn't be interested in small quantities.

Leon

-- Leon Heller, G1HSM Email: snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com My low-cost Philips LPC210x ARM development system:

Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com
My low-cost Philips LPC210x ARM development system:
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller/lpc2104.html
Reply to
Leon Heller

Laurent,

It might be worth posting this to the LPC2100 Yahoo group:

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

Try Spoerle !

I order 2 pieces of LPC2106 and get them a few days later.

Greetings,

Martin Maurer (Martin.Maurer (at) clibb (dot) de)

Reply to
Martin Maurer

Thanks Martin for this advice.

OOPs, I forgot Spoerle ... I phone and they can sell me some pces. Thanks!

Best Regards, Laurent

Reply to
Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch

China)?

write to us I N F O AT w e b 7 d a y Dot COM.

Reply to
EZarm

write to us I N F O AT w e b 7 d a ys Dot COM.

Reply to
EZarm

I can see that the Philips ARM MCUs will be taking off big time. If you were smart, you would not bother with trying to save a few bucks by combining orders, but rather find a way to market these chips in proto/eval boards and end up ordering them by the basket. You could even offer small quantities of the chips for resale with enough markup to make it worthwhile. I would do this, but it is pretty far afield from what we are making. It seems to be right in line with what you are doing however.

I think this chip is generating an awful lot of interest considering that it really is just another ARM chip. But I guess Philips has a unique product due to the small size (no external bus) and they seem to be doing a good job of marketing it. Too bad OKI is not better at marketing their chips, they have some better products in my opinion. But they seem more interested in the larger customers.

Reply to
Ralph Malph

How much Euro does it cost ?

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

RM0,5

we can quote your unbeatable prices.

please email me us at in f o AT web 7 days DOT com ezarm

Reply to
EZarm

Oh boy, please shut up.

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)
Use @epost.de instead !
Reply to
42Bastian Schick

Hello,

around 10 - 15 Euro per chip (lpc2104 is a bit cheaper, but not very relevant...). But pay attention delivery is also around 10 - 15 Euro per order.

It is a 48 pin LQFP with pitch .5, so they are not easy to solder: i took an adapter to 2.54 mm from

look for SQFP48/40 RM0,5 costs around 5 Euro

If you need more infos, look in (as Leon already mentioned)

or contact me via email...

Greetings,

Martin

----- Original Message ----- From: "42Bastian Schick" Newsgroups: comp.arch.embedded Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 7:31 AM Subject: Re: lpc2106

Reply to
Martin Maurer

They ARE easy to solder. Aling them on the pads and quickly solder a pad on each side to fix it. Don't worry about shorts. Now solder every side by laying down solder wire on the row of pins and 'wiping' your iron over it. Repeat that for all sides. Now remove the excess solder with wick. Apart from the resin remains, the result is the same as a professional oven-job. We routinely solder large 0.4mm TQFP's using this method.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

I got lucky on my last batch of boards. They are finished with Hot Air Solder Leveling (HASL) and there is enough solder on the pads that I don't have to add any more in most cases. I simply add flux and heat the pins and pads. I think this works well in my case as I have made the pads significantly longer than the pins on the TQFP chip and there is more solder available. It's also easier to verify the solder joint if the pad extends past the pin far enough to make the fillet on the end of the pin easily visible.

It is also MUCH easier to do the soldering with a binocular microscope (at least with 56-year old eyes that now need bifocals). You can get a reasonably good 10X binocular scope for about $300.

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson