LPC2101 development kit, which one? - Page 2

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?

OK. I am surprised they do even this. Especially if their own compiler
is limited to 16k.

--

John Devereux

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?

At one time Keil did an IDE (uVision) and simulator with an GCC
compiler. Then they did their own ARM7 C compiler. Which was up to their
usual standard.

Now Keil is owned by ARM.

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:40:56 +0000, the renowned Chris Hills

Ah, okay.

So I heard. Now, what happens to Realview? And does it matter?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?
snipped-for-privacy@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat says...
If you want C++, you go to RealView, the Keil compiler doesn't support
it.

--Gene

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?

They still give the option to install arm gcc as well
for those of us that need more than 16k but can't afford the full version
for our own home projects (or work for tight bosses).

The keil ide and compiler hands down beats all others (Rowley by a nose)
but unfortunately is windows only.
Some recent work has been stipulated as all tools
must be available/run natively on linux.

So arm gcc and xilinx webpack not keil or altera.

Alex

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:59:40 +0100, the renowned slawc

Apparently you can do in-circuit debugging through the JTAG port, with
real breakpoints, and you can single-step, examine register contents
and so on, which I suppose is worth something-- not quite a real ICE,
but on the cheap.

In the past, I've found simulation of the tricky stuff preferable--
the "window" through with you see the micro is bigger and more
responsive, and ICD probably grabs some resources, but when you need
hardware debugging you probably *really* need it bad. Fortunately,
that's seldom.

Keil has integrated stuff like code coverage analysis into the
debugger interface, so maybe it's not as primitive as some I've used.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?
Hello Karl,

Working directly with the 2101 would be best indeed. Any version above
2103 is off limits for most of my projects because of prohibitive cost.

I'll check that out. Keil has no pricing on their web site so one has to
go through the stone age quoting rigamaroo. A bit strange, oh well.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?
Joerg,

right now the Keil Board as mentioned is definitely the best choice
(the only one on top of that ;-).
You can order one here:  www.lpctools.com  for $99.
LPCtools ships usually next day from CA, so you might have a board in 2
days.
p.s. you do NOT want to use the LPC2104/5/6 board because those devices
do not have an ADC nor a 32 kHz Real-Time Clock nor Counter inputs nor
Fast I/Os nor a buffered SPI....
As Karl mentioned, the 2101/2/3 are the newest Philips ARM chips, the
2104/5/6 the oldest.

An Schwob

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?

Cheapest dev kit so far I've seen is from futurlec
US$24.90 for the processor module , US$22.90 for base board
http://www.futurlec.com/ET-ARM_Stamp.shtml
http://www.futurlec.com/ET-ARM_Stamp_Board.shtml

The ks2106 is made by olimex for iar.
Its okay.
Keil software is a lot lot nicer and hasn't crashed on me yet.

Alex

Re: LPC2101 development kit, which one?
Hello Alex,

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I was looking for. AFAIK there is a
trial pack from Keil with a limited code size to try it out.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Site Timeline