LPC2101 development kit, which one?

Yes, $250 US is nothing. I think Keil is based on the GCC compiler, but you're also getting their installation script, their simulator, debugger, IDE, the board and the USB JTAG box. Impulse purchase territory.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I find that very hard to believe! They sell their own compiler, don't they?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Okay, maybe their development environment supports their proprietary compiler and the open source compiler. There is definitely GNU stuff in there:

"The HELLO program is a very simple program that prints "Hello World" to the serial port of the AT91M40800. When you can successfully build and run this program, you have used the entire toolset including:

The uVision2 integrated development environment. The GNU compiler, linker and the µVision2 simulator/debugger."

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

OK. I am surprised they do even this. Especially if their own compiler is limited to 16k.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

In article , Spehro Pefhany writes

At one time Keil did an IDE (uVision) and simulator with an GCC compiler. Then they did their own ARM7 C compiler. Which was up to their usual standard.

Now Keil is owned by ARM.

/\/\/ chris@phaedsys.org      www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
Chris Hills

Ah, okay.

So I heard. Now, what happens to Realview? And does it matter?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

If you want C++, you go to RealView, the Keil compiler doesn't support it.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

They still give the option to install arm gcc as well for those of us that need more than 16k but can't afford the full version for our own home projects (or work for tight bosses).

The keil ide and compiler hands down beats all others (Rowley by a nose) but unfortunately is windows only. Some recent work has been stipulated as all tools must be available/run natively on linux.

So arm gcc and xilinx webpack not keil or altera.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Cheapest dev kit so far I've seen is from futurlec US$24.90 for the processor module , US$22.90 for base board

The ks2106 is made by olimex for iar. Its okay. Keil software is a lot lot nicer and hasn't crashed on me yet.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Hello Alex,

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I was looking for. AFAIK there is a trial pack from Keil with a limited code size to try it out.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg