Lowest Possible Clock For Blackfin 531

What is the lowest possible clock for BF531 (according to the specifications..)... I checked out the datasheet but it says that it can run upto 400 Mhz... No lower possible value is given... From where to get this value?

Reply to
adonis

As I remember, the minimum XTAL frequency for BF53x is specified at

10MHz. You can run the core at XTAL/2, i.e. at 5MHz.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Ohh thats good.. my requirement is running it close to 23Mhz... so

25Mhz is ok for me.. But where is it officially mentioned!!.. where do i refer for it..
Reply to
adonis

Look into the datasheet and into the manual (clock and power management).

BTW, instead of using the BF at 23MHz, I would take some other MCU. If this amount of the computing power is sufficient, you can make the design much better and cheaper.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Yes thats right Mr. Vassilevsky, but i want to run it at 23 Mhz just to estimate some of the timing requirements considering the base loop in software. So, 23 MIPS dedicated for base loop. Large amount of MIPS is required for ISR routines... thats y going for BF531.. actually presently have 533.. thinking of cutting down cost.. so planning to use

531..
Reply to
adonis

According to the Datasheet:

CLKIN Min 10Mhz (Table 15)

Figure 8 CLKIN can be divided by 2 to 5Mhz to create VCO

Figure 8 VCO can be divided by 8 to create CCLK (core clock) so 5/8 Mhz looks like the lowest

Curious what the power requirements are at this speed.

Reply to
steve