Low cost sensors (gas sensors)?

Bit stuck trying to find some low/lower cost gas sensors especially C02.

By lower cost for gas sensors I mean sub US$200 if possible.

For an existing application we are using the sensata/klixon (exTI)

4GS series but in small quantities are just way to expensive and to large.

A C02 sensor with 5 - 12% accuracy would be fine. Need to measure 0 - 2000ppm , 0 - 5000ppm and 0 - 10000ppm.

The 4GS when calibrated are 3.75% accurate below 1500ppm. They can do 0 -2000 or 0 -5000.

Part of the problem is the low quantity we are using (under 100 of each type per year) and some distributors(quite a lot) don't have pricing or bother giving pricing for this small an amount.

Thats even though even a small order can be in the tens of thousands as some of the senors cost up to US$1500 ea.

Mostly for air quality monitoring (indoor and outdoor) and water quality.

For temperature and relative humidity the sension sht1x series are very good for the price.

Accelerometers - reasonable range at reasonable pricing from analog and freescale and fairly easy to get in small quantities for vibration monitoring. And if you get stuck with a distributor , there is always sparkfun.com

Any suggestions for low cost sensors and where to buy them in small quantities greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Alex Gibson

Reply to
Alex Gibson

A colleague of mine makes CO2 sensors. Close to the

200$ tag you wish. See

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Thank you

Looks interesting but they don't seem to have an english version of the website.

Thank you

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

Can't help with gas sensors.

Lots of people make them, ST Micro, Memsic....... Even available from Digikey, Farnell etc....

    PC Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

You can buy the GE/Telaire Ventostat online direct from GE starting at US$189, qty. 1.

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Oops. A lot is fluff. Ask for an english datasheet. They are able.

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

These guys will work in low volumes and make good reliable sensors and cells.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Great thank you to everyone that replied. Given me a few good leads. Thank you

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson