Low cost, readily available ARM development / demo kit

Hi all,

I am looking for a low cost (<$100) demo / development kit so I may
learn more about the ARM processor.

Preferably with a C compiler, a FLASH boot loader and some cool blinky
lights.

I have plenty of experience with other embedded systems (PIC, 68k,
AD218x etc.).

What is the current core anyway ? I have seen ARM6 and I think ARM7,
anything newer ?

Thanks,

Mark.

Re: Low cost, readily available ARM development / demo kit

Have a look at the the Philips LPC2106 ARM boards from Olimex:
http://www.olimex.com . They start at $59.95. You can use free GNU tools.
Join the LPC2000 Yahoo group:

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Re: Low cost, readily available ARM development / demo kit
the GBA has an ARM7..

message de

Re: Low cost, readily available ARM development / demo kit
Yeah, but dev carts are expensive. $120 for the flash advance carts.
I can dev on my hp49g+ for only the price of the calc. I haven't started
programming it yet, I've got exams at the moment.
--
Wing Wong.
Webpage: http://wing.ucc.asn.au

Re: Low cost, readily available ARM development / demo kit
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:35:55 +0000 (UTC), Wing Fong Wong

All you need is a MultiBoot cable (MB). You can build it yourself :
http://ajo.thinknerd.com/gba /

Full info on GBA programming is available there :
http://www.jharbour.com/gameboy /

Free SDK is available there : http://www.ngine.de/site/index.php

Re: Low cost, readily available ARM development / demo kit
and you can even begin totally for free because there are several GBA
simulator software, so you don't need to buy anything.. ;-)