Loop-dedicated benchmark suites?

Hi,

I want to evaluate the effectiveness of a research C source-to-source optimizer on benchmarks. Especially, I'm interested in the supported loop transformations. Since embedded system applications are often loop-dominated, I though that a post to this NG is not completely off-topic and you might help me.

Which freely available testsuites contain a large number of loops? Are there possibly benchmark suites that focus on loops?

One of the supported loop transformations I want to evaluate is loop unswitching. However, the benchmarks from the UTDSP testsuite I recently considered have no potential for this transformation, i.e. the loop structures do not allow to "unswitch" loops. Is this a normal situation for unswitching?

Regards, Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Ceram