Looking for USB stack with permissive licence (mass storage)

Even if the user is maintaining a FAT? How does track access time affect those throughput numbers?

Good question. You can plug a USB-2 thumb drive into a USB-1 port. It works, but the OS complains that it could run faster with a USB-2 port. I don't know if the same works with USB-2 and USB-3

Mark Borgerson

Reply to
Mark Borgerson

Yes, you can plug a USB3 device into a USB2 port. Though the USB3 end of the cable is very different from a "regular" USB connection.

Reply to
Don Y

Microchip do a USB host stack for their OTG devices; I've no idea if it's any good however. See:

Simon.

Simon Clubley

.

I've used it - it worked 'out the box', not that it means that it is good. However, I think they get grumpy if you use it on a non- Microchip processor.

Reply to
Rocky

I was looking for something with a permissive license, such as BSD or MIT. I've given up :-(

The quality of the current proprietary solution is appalling, but I guess I'll have to live with it, and our customers will have to learn to unplug/replug or even reboot the STB.

Regards.

Reply to
Noob

Then port one of the {Open,Net,Free}BSD stacks!

Reply to
Don Y

So Microchip apply the same license to their USB stack as they do to their header files ?

I should have realised. :-) As I said, I've never actually used it, but I just saw the "royalty free source code" reference on the Microchip USB Framework page.

Simon.

Simon Clubley