Looking for simple board to run linux

I'm looking for something similar to a gumstix board but then more affordable. What I need:

Smallish board with Ethernet, SPI, GPIO, 3.3V Capable of running a recent linux kernel that has IPv6 Free toolchain (gcc)

I don't care much about processor architecture. I just need something simple to do a proof of concept of an 3.3V SPI device connected to the IPv6 internet.

Can anyone recommend a development board with these specs?

S.

Reply to
Stefan Arentz

Disclaimer: Product is made by my company

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Olimex makes a number of boards that meet your requirements, for example:

Those retail for around 200USD. In the US you can get them from microcontrollership.com.

Here's something under $100, but I've no experience or information on the vendor. They don't take credit cards (only wire transfers), so that may be a concern:

Grant
Reply to
Grant Edwards

microcontrollershop.com

--
Grant
Reply to

Atmel's NGW-100 has similar specs ...

Reply to
Spam

This is an excellent suggestion. It's 108 CAD from Digikey. I think I'll order one.

S.

Reply to
Stefan Arentz

Stefan Arentz schrieb:

Have you considered the BeagleBoard?

  Klaus Rotter * klaus at rotters dot de * www.rotters.de
Reply to
Klaus Rotter

He'd have to use a USB-Ethernet dongle. Those suck -- particularly under Linux.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Inside, I'm already
                                  at               SOBBING!

Pretty sure they can work, but it's inelegant.

I think there would be a real market if someone wanted to do a beagleboard+ type of thing with on board ethernet.

Reply to
cs_posting

Well, I ended up getting the Atmel NGW100 board. It looks pretty good. USB, dual-Ethernet, serial, SD, lots of IO. For 108 CAD, which is extremely reasonable.

In this case I don't really care that it is a new architecture (AVR32) but I would have preferred something ARM based like the beagle board.

S.

Reply to
Stefan Arentz