Looking for Project Partner

As they say, all it takes is a great idea. Well, we all know it takes more than that. It takes the know-how to turn that great idea into a product. I want to partner with somebody to turn their great idea into a great product. I have the skills, I just need the ideas.

Here's the rub of it. I'm an experience embedded designer. I have experience in ASIC, FPGA, and embedded systems design. I also am comfortable designing PCB's, as long as the things don't get too hairy (i.e. no gigabit data rates). I've been working on ASIC, FPGA, and embedded systems for nearly 15 years, and am comfortable with nearly every aspect. I can do planning, design, and development.

I've developed FPGA based systems almost entirely with Xilinx using VHDL. Using other vendors, i.e. Actel and Altera, isn't too far off and I can easily pick that up. And with Verilog, I have some, but limited, experience. And the transition from VHDL to Verilog isn't too tough.

I've also been involved in embedded systems designs varying from CPU32 (68xxx), to Coldfire, to PowerPC, to Xilinx Microblaze, to ARM, to AVR. I've developed fielded products for all. I'm comfortable with Open Source tools for the development of all of these (except CPU32, I've only used commercial products for this). And for all platforms I've gone from raw hardware through to final product.

I've developed some PCB's of my own. These are all homebrew projects. Granted they aren't nearly as complex as the ones I've worked through to production, since I lack the soldering skills and equipment to go really complex (i.e. using fine pitch parts and BGA's). But I am very comfortable with the basics of low to mid-range PCB design to understand the basics of most PCB designs. I don't know high speed stuff, mostly because I lack the tools necessary to do signal integrity type simulations and the experience in analyzing designs for high speed issues. But for < about 50MHz, I think I'm just fine.

Now, for the pitch.

I'm looking for a partner that has the creative spirit. I've thought of several projects that I'd like to do, but everytime I bounce them off of people they aren't interested. It seems I've the skills, and enough creative spirit to design systems, but lack the market vision. I'm looking for someone to partner with that has ideas, but lacks the skills or knowledge to make them happen. I want to be that get-the- nails dirty guy that figures out the technical issues for someone that kind of creative vision.

Please, do email me and I'd be glad to respond. Let's get some sort of partnership going!

Reply to
suuidy

takes

to a

=BF=BDI have

nd

off

't

rtable with

rms

range

know

ught

and

he-

ort

You forgot to mention how much money you can bring to the table. How much in the way a facilities do you have. Can you work full time for 6 months without any pay. If the answer is none, not much and no then you need a job not a partner.

Reply to
cbarn24050

Not sure that this is the right group for him to make that sort of pitch. Perhaps he should drop it in on misc.business.product-dev to see if anyone there would be interested. Also, take a look at the extremely long list of newsgroups and see if there are any there that are more business and innovation oriented.

Paul E. Bennett...............
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Paul E. Bennett

e quoted text -

Probably not, doesn't hurt to try. Why would anyone offer a partnership to someone who can bring nothing to the table but his labour? We call them employees over here.

Reply to
cbarn24050

Fair enough. I'm willing to split development costs 50/50. I'm looking for an idea man. I'm not looking for venture capital. Eventually this may grow into a full-time business. However, if the idea is noteworthy, it would be worth going forward with perhaps a shot at some sort of full-time venture. And I have enough money set aside to do something like this on my own.

I've the the brawn, I just need the brains.

Reply to
suuidy

I'm not looking for a job. I'm looking to trade my labor for a stake in an idea. Often somebody has a good idea, but lacks the resources to make them a reality. My proposal is to do an exchange of goods. Not a job. A partnership.

But fair enough, perhaps c.a.e wasn't the best group. I'm take it elsewhere.

Reply to
suuidy

What are your skills like on the software side?

Reply to
srl100