looking for panel mount outlet

[this looks like OT, but hey, the project uses a micro too :-) ]

Hi,
I'm looking for a panel mount outlet for Euro-type power plugs (that's the
13mm high, two-pin dingus, no earth pin).
Preferably snap-mounting (1.5mm Al).

I have a bunch of 4mm plugs here (Farnell #149-546), but they're not
touch-safe; 230V AC you know.
TIA

Steven

Re: looking for panel mount outlet
On Monday, in article

Sounds like IEC C8 (Figure 8) connector, lots of manufacturers
and distributors including Farnell.

It is pretty difficult to get equipment touch safe to meet Class II without
adding your own internal barrier behind the C8 connector for most
manufacturers.

Depending on what market the device is meant for you might have to
double fuse the equipment as well.

Re: looking for panel mount outlet
the

Nononono! No no, no, I don't mean that one. What I mean is
http://www.nenya.be/temp/20050823/europlug.jpg.
That's the plug, and now I need a socket for it. I once saw one with a high
rim, which would make mounting on a metal panel quite safe. (The rim makes
it impossible to insert just one pin in the plug.) Unfortunately I can't
remember the manufaturer or distributor :-(
Thanks anyway for answering.

Steven

Re: looking for panel mount outlet
On Tuesday, in article

Ah you mean the other end of the cable that replicates the wall socket!

Generically you will find these mainly in use as three "pin" versions as
the "Schuko" plug.

Also two pin only versions can be found on "Shaver Adapeters".

I would consider trying to search electrical stores/distributors for
standard mounting outlets for building wiring and using a faceplate
version that is normally wall mounted. Unless of course this is too large
for the box.

The German or Netherlands sites for Farnell and others should list these.
This may be a start point, but large for standard wall box mounting
Farnell 259-299.

Also this may be a place to look at (not much on the web page though)

        <http://www.olson.co.uk/international_plugs.htm

If your German is good this may be helpful <http://www.apsa.de/

Easier now I know which end you were refering to :-)

Re: looking for panel mount outlet
high
makes

Found it!
In case somebody else is interested:

Art.no. 738425-99 on www.conrad.de.
It has a (poor) scan of a drawing (pdf @ http://tinyurl.com/dd655 )
indicating Weltron. Weltron is a distri, not a manufacturer, and I couldn't
find the item (CN-3150) on the Weltron site.
The doc suggests that the mfg is Spanish, but that's it :-(

Again, thanks Paul for the replies.

Site Timeline