Looking for OC3 POS over PCI

I am looking for an OC3 Packet Over Sonet adapter that can send frames over
PCI bus (via cPCI or PMC).
Any references would be appreciated.

Re: Looking for OC3 POS over PCI
The adaptar is a NIC (Network Interface Card) which should
be plugged in a PC.
Rather than ethernet - it should receive Packets Over Sonet.
I run Linux on my PC.

over

Re: Looking for OC3 POS over PCI

Are you really looking for IP over raw SONET support or an OC3 ATM
card?  I think you'll have difficulty finding either in compact PCI
form.

Re: Looking for OC3 POS over PCI
It's not an IP over SONET - it's PPP over SONET. I would expect the PPP
frames
to be sent over the PCI (remark: the IP is embedded in the PPP).
Linux should view the adapter as a PPP interface.

over

Re: Looking for OC3 POS over PCI

I talked to someone, and I got two references.  First, Sun appears to
make such a beast (in both PCI and SBUS forms).  Their support for
non-SPARC/Solaris platforms is anyone's guess.  Also there's a
Japanese company called NTT-AT (their web site appears to be at the
obvious location).

Again, I'm pretty sure neither of these is compact PCI.

If you *have* a cPCI ATM/OC-3 adapter, it may well be possible to
support SDH or PPP if you can get someone to tell you enough about the
card and you have enough CPU to drive the process.  Obviously it
depends on how the card was designed, but perhaps worth looking into.

Site Timeline