Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.

Can anyone recommend a crosspoint switch that can be used with a
supply of either 3V or 5V ? I will be switching digital signals of up
to 5MHz. The direction of the signals can be input or output hence
an analog switch is probably in order. When searching I have found a
great many very fast LDVS crosspoint switches, but I expect these
to be quite expensive. Pricewise I am looking in the region of <US$5
for single quantities.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.

   What parts (made by what companies) have you found? Where else have
you searched?

   I don't know if they have exactly what you want, but I saw many
low-voltage crosspoint switches at <http://www.maxim-ic.com and their
selection pages have 'budgetary pricing'. I'm sure there are many
other makers of these things. I recall that Harris made these many
years ago.
   For actual single-quantity pricing, at least on what they carry, go
to digikey.com and see what a search for crosspoint brings up.

Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.

RCA made a real sweet part, the CD22106, that would probably
work well.  Maybe Harris still makes it.

Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.

Do you have an URL for the datasheet ? The URL
http://www.semi.harris.com does not seem to work.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.

Sorry, I don't.

Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 23:04:15 GMT, ben_nospam_ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

I have found quite a number of video cross point switches, but from
past experience these tend to be quite expensive.

I think that a device designed for the PABX market will probably be
the best fit. Unfortunately it seems that this market has been taken
over by non main stream semiconductor houses. I was hoping for
a name or two of these semiconductor houses. The devices used
in PABXs should be available in "repair" quantities.

Maxim seems to make mostly video cross point switches. I have used
them in the past for switching video, but it has always been quite
problematical to get Maxim devices in small quantities.

Thanks I will try digikey.

Anton

Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.
: Hi,

: Can anyone recommend a crosspoint switch that can be used with a
: supply of either 3V or 5V ? I will be switching digital signals of up
: to 5MHz. The direction of the signals can be input or output hence
: an analog switch is probably in order. When searching I have found a
: great many very fast LDVS crosspoint switches, but I expect these
: to be quite expensive. Pricewise I am looking in the region of <US$5
: for single quantities.
: Any pointers would be appreciated.

Anton,

do you really need bidirectional by default? If you have a signal indicating
the direction, I would propose  a CPLD/FPGA.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: Looking for low voltage 8x8 or 12x8 crosspoint switch.
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:12:14 +0000 (UTC), Uwe Bonnes

I have considered using an EPLD. I have been using Altera, but when it
seems that the smaller Altera devices (Macrocell) are particularly
poor at this application. It also seems you have to choose the supply
voltage. Either 3V or 5V. I want a device that can run with either
supply.  Other manufacturers devices might be more suited for this,
but this is for a quick and dirty test system that I want to spend as
little as possible time and moneywise on.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Site Timeline