Looking for LCD display with serial interface.

(Damn Google is giving me spurious error messages...)

I see tricend has an ARM SoC which can drive various LCDs. Has anybody > gone this route ? Is the tricend stuff cost effective for small > quantities ? How are the tools etc ?

I haven't used the Triscend parts, but if you're willing to put in this much effort, consider Cirrus 7212/7312. You can buy an "eval board" (Ceiva digital picture frame, with LCD) off-the-shelf, it has JTAG, it's well-understood hardware, and the real product can be manufactured quite cheaply. Can control QVGA CSTN with ease.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards