looking for LCD

I am looking for 5 passive monochrome grapchics LCDs, with following specs:

5.7" diagonal 320x240 Operating temp 0C to 50C Viewing Angle 12 o'clock (or 6 o'clock) NO integrated controller Integrated backlight (CCFL or LED)

Price is my primary concern. But I'd like to avoid obsolete LCDs, or ripped of some used devices, as the product might have a small volume (10 -50) production over next 2-3 years.

Digi-Key, Mouser have a good selection, but the prices are anywhere from $80 to $100, and that's more than I'm willing to pay. My cost target is around $50 for single quantities. Cheapest I found so far is Optrex DMF-50840NF-FW-ABE-AU from

for $64.

I anybody know any good source for low cost LCDs, I would appreaciate a link. It can be US or Europe based company.

Reply to
Remis Norvilis

Good companies to try are: Hero -

Arrow -
BF Technologies -
Review Displays -

They are all UK based (except Arrow) so you might lose money on the exchange rate but they can give good prices if you get them competing with each other. However, at 10-50 units your bargaining power is not all that mighty.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

specs:

ripped

$80

cheapest ones use COG (chip on glass) but tend to be small (e.g. digikey had one ~4" diagonal at 320x240 for about $35US). Think PDA. Good luck getting a

5.7" under $50 in quantity 5. We buy a lot more than 5 at a time and pay more than $50 :-(

Bob

Reply to
Bob

"Remis Norvilis"

I know you mentioned you don't want to rip it off another device, but since you're looking at small runs, you may be able to use a "playstation one" (psone gaming screen) LCD easily found on ebay. They cost around $30 and most of them are brand new. I bought one for my robot and I'm happy with it. It accepts video input, but with some modification it also accepts VGA input.

Cheers

Padu

Reply to
Padu