looking for large serial eeprom on DIP8 chip

I need to find a serial eeprom/flash chip with at least 2Mbit memory Preferably I2C but any serial 3/2 wire system is OK as long as it can b run on low speed (~100khz). I have found several memories but all of the are surface mount models, and I need a DIP8. Small quantity order. An ideas? Thanks!

Reply to
senseitg

The cell phone componies drive the packaging anymore.

Finding a DIP8 solution at the higher densities is impossible. ( I for one have tried )

If you can find what you need in SMT8, this is good. A simple adapter will get you running in no time.

Yes, I know its almost the cost of the SMT8, but when do you want to get your project done ?

Google found lots of hits, maybe some other vendor is cheaper. Or if you quanties are large enough, build your own.

Good luck

Reply to
Donald

I find that it is very easy to solder SO-8 or MSOP-8 ICs onto the top of DIP-8 socket with machine pins. This will then plug into a DIP-8 socket or breadboard, punchboard etc. It is necessary to use a machine pin contact type socket as the edge wipe sockets will not plug into another socket.

kevin

Reply to
kevinjwhite

Thanks for the c>I find that it is very easy to solder SO-8 or MSOP-8 ICs onto the top

This is what i've been doing in the past, guess i'll have to stick t that. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Reply to
senseitg

Look at the 24C1024 IC's. You will need 2 of 'em, but they are available in 8 pin DIP and it is pretty easy to write your code to treat 2 of them as a contiguous chunk of EEPROM.

Jim

Reply to
James Beck

Might be easier to just solder a SO device onto a DIP header board, especially if qty is small.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

if qty is small.

Might be ;)