Looking for freelance hardware/firmware designer, Brighton UK

Hi All,

I used to do this kind of work but not any more - have my own business now.

A colleague with an electronics business (mechanical gadgets with electronics in them) is looking for someone to do this. It is both analog and some microcontroller stuff.

He has had poor service from companies that offer a design service and I am sure a freelancer would give him a better service.

He is also after PCB design but nowadays that's easy.

Please email me at

peter at peterX2000 dot co dot uk

but remove the X

Thank you! x----------x

Reply to
Peter

Can you elaborate on the 'poor service'?

Reply to
sfisher

Has anyone else contacted him? I didn't get a reply.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote

I am reading the replies, guys, thank you all.

One problem is that nearly all of them are from people in another country. UK = United Kingdom.

I don't think my colleague wants to work with someone 3000 miles away, no matter how competitively priced and excellent the service might be. He has little electronics knowledge and is looking for someone local (which is why I mentioned the location) who he can work with closely.

He used to use a local chap but this "little chap" then did what most freelance designers do (if they want to make some real money) which was to develop his own products and sell them, and his old "consultancy" clients got a poor response time.

I used to do designs for others when I started my current business nearly 20 years ago. But after a few years, could not carry this on because I was so busy developing my own product line. Fortunately I did not drop anybody in the **** - the consultancy clients I had tended to naturally move on, and in some cases I was able to find people to take on specific tasks (like FPGA design, which I was glad to wash my hands of, due to the silly-price, complex and constantly changing tools).

Reply to
Peter

Because of .co.uk email address...

I have reread the original post in comp.arch.embedded and that you followed up to the and I can see NO LOCATION mentioned. Not even a country.

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

In message , Paul Carpenter writes

A subject heading of

Looking for freelance hardware/firmware designer, Brighton UK

a return email address of .co.uk

Seems quite obvious to me.

Chris H

Forgot the end of the subject, but only place mentioned. I read the BODY of the post several times, thinking I am sure it said Brighton UK somewhere in it.

Then again, what did I come up these stairs for?

That one was a somewhat subtle hint.

At least it did originally to me.

However the original poster's follow up ws a bit confusing his original post should have been more specific.

General comment to anybody doing this

REPEAT the subject

Type of work Location (IN FULL) country (in full)

AT TOP of the BODY of any posts to avoid any confusion..