Looking for Fast Fourier Transform Paper

By Cooley and Tukey, 1965.

Anyone know if it can be downloaded.  I searched
for about 30 minutes and couldn't find it.

Re: Looking for Fast Fourier Transform Paper

    http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~itiq/chiu/cooley /

And I found a good, non-technical overview of why FFT is so
important:
    http://www.siam.org/siamnews/mtc/mtc593.htm

And this:
The advent of this discovery began at a meeting of the
President's Scientific Advisory Committee. Richard L. Garwin,
who was in desperate need of a fast means to compute Fourier
transforms for his research with helium, noted that Tukey was
writing Fourier Transforms and asked him to outline his
techniques. Garwin then went to the computing center at IBM
Research to have it programmed. Cooley, a relatively new member
of the staff , was given the problem because to his own
admission "had nothing important to do"[13] and quickly worked
it out. Thinking he would hear no more about it, Cooley "went
back to doing some real work"[13]. This was obviously not the
case since Garwin foresaw a wide range of applications and
widely publicized the results. The rest is history--or rather
a bit of theory and applications.
http://me.oregonstate.edu/classes/me452/winter95/ButlerKeithMurphy/insth.html#A1.22

John

Re: Looking for Fast Fourier Transform Paper
http://me.oregonstate.edu/classes/me452/winter95/ButlerKeithMurphy/insth.html#A1.22

Thank you very much.  Do you know if they also
published an IEEE paper that was a little easier
to understand?  I recall borrowing something like
that years ago.

Site Timeline