Looking for ethernet adaptor with Cirrus CS8900A chip

Hi all

Looking for something that I can plug into either an ISA or PCI slot on an x86 PC.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steven V. Hovater

You'll probably only find this in an ISA card. I can't point you to one, but if you need this for a project you can get a proto board at

Another popular spec is NE2000 (Realtek RTL8019AS, Asix AX88796L

10/100). The Realtek is more readily found in $10 Ethernet cards at shops like Fry's Electronics. EDTP also sells proto cards for both.

Is there a reason you're specifically after the CS8900A?

Richard

Reply to
Richard H.

Yes - I'm working with a customer who's using that chip in their system, and having problems with a (embedded Ada) network driver they've written. Rather than ship me the avionics box, this would allow me to help debug their driver locally.

I ended up getting a PC-104 SBC (TS-5300) from Technologic Systems that has the 8900a onboard. It arrived last night... first impressions are very good.

Thanks! Steve

Reply to
Steven V. Hovater