looking for details on data format for Radio Shack wireless thermometer

Hi,

I am hoping to convert a RS wireless thermometer (model 63-1030 ) into a thermostat, by interpreting the received data and processing it in a separate micro. Has anyone got any details on the protocol or code they could share?

I found a bit of information in this article :

but I'm hoping someone may have some info on how to scale the data and convert to engineering units. I know how to do that, but the temperatures corresponding to 0 and FFFFFF counts are not described anywhere.

It's too bad Radio Shack didn't add a few more features to make a wireless thermostat, as they sell for much more than this $49 USD device.

Thanks

Mark

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mark

Then you have to do it yourself.

Take a calibrated thermometer, put into a cup of cold water and also insert your sensor into it. Note the reading on the calibrated thermometer as well as on your digital system.

Repeat the test in a cup with hot water.

From this, you can calculate the required scaling, assuming that the sensor responses in a linear manner. If not, you have to repeat the test in many more temperatures, plot the results and try to fit a higher degree curve between your measurements.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Keinanen