Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

A colleague of mine is looking for a cheap microcontroller board with Ethernet and a temperature sensor. Any suggestions? My google searches so far haven't hit the mark but I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Why not use a thermistor in an RC circuit with something like this?

Brian Murtha

How about one of these with a dallas temperature chip ? It's a bit over the top for a temperature sensor but it works and is reasonably priced in small qty.. :)

TheDoc

I don't know what price range 'cheap' is, but here is link to a board that fits the Ethernet + Temperature Sensor requirement. It based on Hitachi's H8s family so there is good support by the GCC toolchain. The board runs about $125USD

John Taylor

Mark,

We recently used this board on a project. It has a Mot 8252 Coldfire as the processor. I think it was $150.00. Includes ethernet, CAN, temp sensor, etc.

Scott
ExoTech R&D, Inc.
Reply to
Not Really Me

"Mark A. Odell" wrote in news:Xns95366FD8DBC75CopyrightMarkOdell@130.133.1.4:

Thanks for your replies. I suspect that my buddy's going to have to modify a board like the Rabit board. The cost goal was more like $25. I'm sorry I didn't specify that initially.

Regards.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Mark A. Odell wrote: : "Mark A. Odell" wrote in : news:Xns95366FD8DBC75CopyrightMarkOdell@130.133.1.4:

:> A colleague of mine is looking for a cheap microcontroller board with :> Ethernet and a temperature sensor. Any suggestions? My google searches :> so far haven't hit the mark but I'll keep looking.

: Thanks for your replies. I suspect that my buddy's going to have to modify : a board like the Rabit board. The cost goal was more like $25. I'm sorry I : didn't specify that initially.

: Regards.

Pickup a Dlink DI-614+ (Rev A, 2 ant. version) off of Ebay for $20-$20. Put the SNDS100 (S3C4510B) version of uCLinux on it. Use the I2C pads to put a ADC on it. The board has pads for a I2C RTC and memory storage already. Write app/driver. :)

Set the ARM tools up on Linux or Windows (cygwin) and get the uClinux source.

The Compaq CP2E/2W and the CompUSA 4 port router runs uClinux too.

--
Greg Holdren
greg (dot) holdren (at)  (dot) com

modify

Put the SNDS100 (S3C4510B)

has

source.

You do not even need to go that far - there are inexpensive I2C temperature sensors for under EUR 1, e.g. Analog Devices AD 7415.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio