Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

A colleague of mine is looking for a cheap microcontroller board with
Ethernet and a temperature sensor. Any suggestions? My google searches so
far haven't hit the mark but I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

Why not use a thermistor in an RC circuit with something like this?

  http://www.rabbitsemiconductor.com/products/rcm3700 /

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

How about one of these with a dallas temperature chip ?
It's a bit over the top for a temperature sensor
but it works and is reasonably priced in small qty.. :)

http://www.olimex.com/dev/msp-easyweb2.html

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

I don't know what price range 'cheap' is, but here is link to a board
that fits the Ethernet + Temperature Sensor requirement.  It based on
Hitachi's H8s family so there is good support by the GCC toolchain.
The board runs about $125USD

http://www.nuhorizons.com/services/development/webserver/evalboard.html

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

Mark,

We recently used this board on a project.  It has a Mot 8252 Coldfire as the
processor.  I think it was $150.00.  Includes ethernet, CAN, temp sensor,
etc.

http://www.em.avnet.com/ctf_shared/evk/df2df2usa/Motorola_Coldfire_Evaluation_Kit_-_Product_Brief_061703F.pdf

--
Scott
ExoTech R&D, Inc.

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

Thanks for your replies. I suspect that my buddy's going to have to modify
a board like the Rabit board. The cost goal was more like $25. I'm sorry I
didn't specify that initially.

Regards.

--
- Mark ->
--

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

:> A colleague of mine is looking for a cheap microcontroller board with
:> Ethernet and a temperature sensor. Any suggestions? My google searches
:> so far haven't hit the mark but I'll keep looking.

: Thanks for your replies. I suspect that my buddy's going to have to modify
: a board like the Rabit board. The cost goal was more like $25. I'm sorry I
: didn't specify that initially.

: Regards.

Pickup a Dlink DI-614+ (Rev A, 2 ant. version) off of Ebay for $20-$20. Put the
SNDS100 (S3C4510B)
version of uCLinux on it. Use the I2C pads to put a ADC on it. The board has
pads for a I2C RTC and memory storage already. Write app/driver. :)

Set the ARM tools up on Linux or Windows (cygwin) and get the uClinux source.

The Compaq CP2E/2W and the CompUSA 4 port router runs uClinux too.

--
Greg Holdren
greg (dot) holdren (at) <initials of company> (dot) com

Re: Looking for cheap Ethernet/MCU with temperature

modify
Put the SNDS100 (S3C4510B)
has
source.

You do not even need to go that far - there are inexpensive I2C
temperature sensors for under EUR 1, e.g. Analog Devices
AD 7415.

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Site Timeline