Looking for bluetooth module

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive bluetooth module that one can
connect to a MCU via the serial, SPI or I2C port. I do not want to
write the prorcol stack myself. I should be able to use simple
commands to the module, and the module should handle all the
protocol specifics of bluetooth.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: Looking for bluetooth module
Haven't used any myself (yet), but here's some info:

http://www.btdesigner.com/qualmod.htm

--
...The Bit Eimer     [remove keinewurst and reverse letters in domain to
email me]

Re: Looking for bluetooth module

Parallax is selling one.  Go to their web site (www.parallax.com I
think) and search the catalog for Bluetooth.  I've used them to
communicate between a data acquisiton module based around a PIC 16F
and a PC with a Linksys Bluetooth to USB widget.  Worked very well.

Rob Young
snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org

Re: Looking for bluetooth module
I am using BRM01 from RF Solutions.

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk

SDC

Seen a Zensys?
Has anyone ever actually seen a Zensys product?  They were talking smack
about some badass low-bitrate wireless meshing module based off an 8051
some time ago.  Aimed for home automation and what not.  It looked
pretty cool, but I havent seen or heard from them in a long long time.

They're not purchasable, are they?

Myren

Re: Seen a Zensys?
I sure have seen one and held it in my hand.
DevKits are purchaseable at www.zen-sys.com .

/mikael

Re: Looking for bluetooth module
Hi,

I'm an embedded developer, but never worked on any Bluetooth stuff before.

Does anyone have any good links so I can do some reading up?

I am wondering what hw/sw would be involved in a Bluetooth hands free kit
for a mobile ( cell ) phone? Like the little Bluetooth head-sets you can buy
for $40 or so?? Do people offer off the shelf modules for this?

Thanks,
David.

Re: Looking for bluetooth module

www.bluetooth.org. You can download the Bluetooth 1.2 specifications from
there.

Re: Looking for bluetooth module
http://www.lemosint.com/scripts/bluetooth_promiesd.asp

We've used it with superb results.

Re: Looking for bluetooth module
Have you used this to communicate with a USB/Bluetooth dongle on a PC?

On their webpage, they talk of point-to-point comm; do you know if multiple
such units can talk "simultaneously" to a single bluetooth dongle?

Sorry if these might be stupid questions - I'm new to Bluetooth.

--
...The Bit Eimer     [remove keinewurst and reverse letters in domain to
email me]

Re: Looking for bluetooth module
Yes, we're chatting happily with a Linksys USB dongle; I believe that
we've had multiple simultaneous promi<->dongle conversations, but can't
swear to it.  In principal, it shouldn't be a problem.

Al