Looking for a good programming tutorial for ARM beginners

I am looking for a good programming tutorial (and/or a good introduction tutorial) for ARM processors. I treat myself as a beginner in this area. I had limited experience on 68K and MCS-51 before. Thanks in advance! Johnson

Reply to
Johnson L

You might need to narrow down the scope of your question:

What are you considering using for programming? Assembler? C? Oberon? BASIC, Something else?

If C, which particular compiler, toolchain etc.? Keil? IAR? gcc? something else?

Are you targeting a particular ARM processor?

-- Chris Burrows CFB Software Armaide: ARM Oberon-07 Development System for Windows

Chris Burrows

  1. Choose some good ARM-based MCU vendor for starter (NXP and their LPC2000 series, for example)
  2. Get yourself some good Eval board or starter kit (for LPC2000 series MCU get, for example, Keil's MCB2100
  3. Grab some related book, for example Hitex's "Insiders Guide" (register then download "An Engineer's Introduction To The LPC2000 Series")
  4. .. then start doin' something with it
--
StoneThrower
www.dgmicrosys.com

Hi,

have a look at the tutorials from Hitex. There is a link how to get there on

They offer very nice books for download. If you want to print something, you need to by the version with printing enabled if just for online reading, it is free.

An Schwob

Reply to
An Schwob in USA

Hi all,

Thank you for your help!

I already got the books, and thinking about the development kit.

I have no particular interests in any special ARM at this moment, but later I will have to make a choice. I am a C programmer, so a c-compilor is a must. I hope the ARM product can support at least one popular toolchain, like Eclipse/GNU.

Johnson

Reply to
Johnson L

Look at

They have very nice "Getting Started" documentation on the ARM. The STR7 and STR9 "Getting Started" guides uses the gcc toolset to base it's examples on. The books give a good overview of the ARM, and then the MCUs particilar peripherals. They also have inexpensive starter kits.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus