List of all 74-- TTL devices

I've been poking around and can't find a list of all the TTL devices. I've
found a few lists, but none of them were reasonably complete. I just want
something simple, like 74x00 quad 2 input nand gate, 74x01 quad 2 input
open-collector nand gate, etc.  Thanks -- Mike

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

  Farnell et al have indexes that have a pretty good coverage.

  Getting 100% coverage is very hard, because the numbers were
allocated to many companies, so no single supplier has all
numbers in their stable.
  Best coverage I've found is from long term suppliers like
TI, Fairchild, Philips etc.

-jg

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices
Bingo: pages 238 ~ 243 of http://focus.ti.com/lit/ml/sdyu001u/sdyu001u.pdf
lists all the TI 74HC devices. I don't think there's one list that has all
the chips, but this one is pretty good.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

Also have a look at :

Logic Cross-Reference (Rev. A) (scyb017a.pdf, 2938 KB)
LOGIC Pocket Data Book (scyd013.pdf, 4835 KB)

on TI's site.

Thanks,
Fred.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

Someone is still using TTL! 8-)

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

I recently had a need to put a simple circuit together at work, and
needed a two input AND.  I checked the GIICM (already mentioned in this
thread) and picked out a part number, went back into the lab and found a
tube of 'em -- in CERDIP packages!  The manufacture date was 1977 --
probably older than some of the lab techs...

Ed

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

The 74HC and similar families may be seriously old but they are still very
useful devices (mainly the simpler ones - gates, multiplexors, three state
drivers, JK flops etc). I will still inlcude a number in most designs when
needing to marshal some interface signals. A current design of mine is
using 74HC00, 74HC03 and 74HC76.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

Geez, I guess I've gotten old.  That 74HC and 74HCT stuff still seems
newfangled to me.  :-)

On the other hand, it might have to do with spending several hours a
week working on restoring a computer made from discrete transistors:
    http://wiki.pdp-1.org /

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

As a matter of interest (just a small straw poll) what are everyones
current top five 74HC-- series devices (ie ones you are using most in your
current desighs)..

Mine are (most to least frequent) 74HC00, 74HC03, 74HC76, 74HC86 and
74HC04.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:48:14 +0100, "Paul E. Bennett"

Mine are: 74HC14, 74HC245, 74HC574, 74HC688 and 74HC00 (I tend to use
the single gate versions where appropriate)

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

your

I'm going with HC on this project now. Mostly 74HC374's. I have to work up
an addressing scheme, which will probably use 74HC138's.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

I've
want

I guess I'm still stuck in the early 80's over here. One day, one of my
inventions will go over big & I'll be able to hire somebody -- and then I
won't have to do all everything myself! In the meantime, most of Ohm's law
and the 'old math' still seems to work, as well as these decrepit old DIP
IC's and 1/4 watt resistors. I have managed to make the jump from
microprocessor to controller, but I'm really not up-to-date on all the
hip/jive/funky stuff. So, yah, for all the 8-)'s its worth, I still use TTL.

Well, curiosity has the best of me. When you're designing circuits for low
quantities of production, what do you use to replace TTL multiplexors,
demultiplexors, gates, latches, drivers, etc? For example, right now, I'm
using a controller with 16 I/O lines and I really need about 30. I'm using a
74x138 to choose between a number of 74x374's. That's how we did it back in
the days of Yes, Genesis, and through the decline of the Rolling Stones.
Now-days, you have, um, Dido, Blink 182, Avril Lavigne and various forms of
gate arrays (I suppose). How would you do the same job using "modern"
technolgy?

Mike

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices
<snip>

  138 + 374's still works, and has multi-source merit, but is not really
layout efficent, and has poor Self-Test features. You could expect the
PCB area to cost more than the devices.
  Serial Peripheral expansion is a growing area, from 4094/HC595s at the
vanilla end, to Power595 models, and variants on the old PCF8574 from
Philips. Maxim have many IO expanders now.
  32-64 Macrocell CPLDs make good, flexible IO expansion.
-jg

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices
On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:24:22 +1200, Jim Granville

The new generation 74HC and 74HCT devices in TSSOP uses very little
board space. They are also a lot cheaper than the older DIP devices.
In small to medium quantities as much as 10 times cheaper. For quite a
number of functions the 32-64 Macrocell CPLDs are not a very good fit.
Of course as always one must evaluate on a case by case basis on which
approach is the best. I myself would love a small footprint with CPLD
device with in the order of 40 pins with a built in I2C or other
serial master/slave interface which does not eat any of the 32 or 64
macrocells.

Regards
   Anton Erasmus

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

There are other components that will occupy more board real-estate
than any particular TTL device. I am, of course, thinking about the
passive and protective components that are necessary for each and
every I/O from/to your plant. Energy management requires room enough
to dissipate the heat of soaking the transient power pulses (assuming
you wish to ensure that your microprocessor/controller is saved from
being fried by such surges.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

[...]

CMOS ones:  74HC138, etc.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Look DEEP into the
                                  at               OPENINGS!! Do you see any

You keep 3 or 4 type of reprogrammable logic arrays around, set up
the schematics (or logic equations) you want, and program the
chips.  Very little nasty interchip wiring to get right.

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

OK, that sounds like something I'd like to take a crack at, and I do have
some logic that can be replaced on my boards. Basically, I have several
boards with which I need to communicate through one micro. I was going to
use 74hc374's, 74hc138's and a few gates. Could you please point out a few
common kinds of reprogrammable logic arrays?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

  The ATMEL ATF15xxASL family is a good general CPLD. It is low power,
and has 5V operation, which matches well with general microcontrollers.
For the simpler logic tasks, CUPL is fine - a bit like structured
assembler.
  For very simple PLD tasks, the ATF16V8BQL is good, and cheap,
The ATF22V10CQZ covers 24 pin tasks, but at that point, the ATF1502
is close to the same price, and if you do not already have a SPLD
programmer the JTAG pgm aspect of ATF1502 can decide.
  If you want to run > 100MHz, and do not need 5V, then Lattice and
Xilinx also have CPLD families.
-jg

Re: List of all 74-- TTL devices

I'll let others point out what is available, as I haven't used any
for some time.  Anything will be fast compared to any gestalt of
74 TTL devices.  They are generally characterized by the number of
inputs/outputs, how the flip-flops are organized (if any), and the
clocking.  Don't forget the programmer and software.  The software
input can be logic drawings (schematics) or logic equations.