List of all 74-- TTL devices

I've been poking around and can't find a list of all the TTL devices. I've found a few lists, but none of them were reasonably complete. I just want something simple, like 74x00 quad 2 input nand gate, 74x01 quad 2 input open-collector nand gate, etc. Thanks -- Mike

Reply to
Mike Turco

Farnell et al have indexes that have a pretty good coverage.

Getting 100% coverage is very hard, because the numbers were allocated to many companies, so no single supplier has all numbers in their stable. Best coverage I've found is from long term suppliers like TI, Fairchild, Philips etc.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Bingo: pages 238 ~ 243 of

lists all the TI 74HC devices. I don't think there's one list that has all the chips, but this one is pretty good.

Reply to
Mike Turco

"Mike Turco" a écrit dans le message de news:H3SBc.23042$ey.10910@fed1read06...

Also have a look at :

Logic Cross-Reference (Rev. A) (scyb017a.pdf, 2938 KB) LOGIC Pocket Data Book (scyd013.pdf, 4835 KB)

on TI's site.

Thanks, Fred.

Reply to
Fred Bartoli

Someone is still using TTL! 8-)

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

The 74HC and similar families may be seriously old but they are still very useful devices (mainly the simpler ones - gates, multiplexors, three state drivers, JK flops etc). I will still inlcude a number in most designs when needing to marshal some interface signals. A current design of mine is using 74HC00, 74HC03 and 74HC76.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

I recently had a need to put a simple circuit together at work, and needed a two input AND. I checked the GIICM (already mentioned in this thread) and picked out a part number, went back into the lab and found a tube of 'em -- in CERDIP packages! The manufacture date was 1977 -- probably older than some of the lab techs...

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset

I've

want

I guess I'm still stuck in the early 80's over here. One day, one of my inventions will go over big & I'll be able to hire somebody -- and then I won't have to do all everything myself! In the meantime, most of Ohm's law and the 'old math' still seems to work, as well as these decrepit old DIP IC's and 1/4 watt resistors. I have managed to make the jump from microprocessor to controller, but I'm really not up-to-date on all the hip/jive/funky stuff. So, yah, for all the 8-)'s its worth, I still use TTL.

Well, curiosity has the best of me. When you're designing circuits for low quantities of production, what do you use to replace TTL multiplexors, demultiplexors, gates, latches, drivers, etc? For example, right now, I'm using a controller with 16 I/O lines and I really need about 30. I'm using a

74x138 to choose between a number of 74x374's. That's how we did it back in the days of Yes, Genesis, and through the decline of the Rolling Stones. Now-days, you have, um, Dido, Blink 182, Avril Lavigne and various forms of gate arrays (I suppose). How would you do the same job using "modern" technolgy?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Turco

138 + 374's still works, and has multi-source merit, but is not really layout efficent, and has poor Self-Test features. You could expect the PCB area to cost more than the devices. Serial Peripheral expansion is a growing area, from 4094/HC595s at the vanilla end, to Power595 models, and variants on the old PCF8574 from Philips. Maxim have many IO expanders now. 32-64 Macrocell CPLDs make good, flexible IO expansion.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

[...]

CMOS ones: 74HC138, etc.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Look DEEP into the
                                  at               OPENINGS!! Do you see any
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

... snip ...

You keep 3 or 4 type of reprogrammable logic arrays around, set up the schematics (or logic equations) you want, and program the chips. Very little nasty interchip wiring to get right.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

OK, that sounds like something I'd like to take a crack at, and I do have some logic that can be replaced on my boards. Basically, I have several boards with which I need to communicate through one micro. I was going to use 74hc374's, 74hc138's and a few gates. Could you please point out a few common kinds of reprogrammable logic arrays?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Turco

The ATMEL ATF15xxASL family is a good general CPLD. It is low power, and has 5V operation, which matches well with general microcontrollers. For the simpler logic tasks, CUPL is fine - a bit like structured assembler. For very simple PLD tasks, the ATF16V8BQL is good, and cheap, The ATF22V10CQZ covers 24 pin tasks, but at that point, the ATF1502 is close to the same price, and if you do not already have a SPLD programmer the JTAG pgm aspect of ATF1502 can decide. If you want to run > 100MHz, and do not need 5V, then Lattice and Xilinx also have CPLD families.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I'll let others point out what is available, as I haven't used any for some time. Anything will be fast compared to any gestalt of

74 TTL devices. They are generally characterized by the number of inputs/outputs, how the flip-flops are organized (if any), and the clocking. Don't forget the programmer and software. The software input can be logic drawings (schematics) or logic equations.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
CBFalconer

The new generation 74HC and 74HCT devices in TSSOP uses very little board space. They are also a lot cheaper than the older DIP devices. In small to medium quantities as much as 10 times cheaper. For quite a number of functions the 32-64 Macrocell CPLDs are not a very good fit. Of course as always one must evaluate on a case by case basis on which approach is the best. I myself would love a small footprint with CPLD device with in the order of 40 pins with a built in I2C or other serial master/slave interface which does not eat any of the 32 or 64 macrocells.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

There are other components that will occupy more board real-estate than any particular TTL device. I am, of course, thinking about the passive and protective components that are necessary for each and every I/O from/to your plant. Energy management requires room enough to dissipate the heat of soaking the transient power pulses (assuming you wish to ensure that your microprocessor/controller is saved from being fried by such surges.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Xilinx, Lattice, Atmel, and others have a range of CPLDs.

JTAG has become a standard interface to many of these manufacturer's chips. BTW, the May 2004 issue of Electronics World has an article explaining FPGAs.

Reply to
dmm

Also FWIW, a recent issue of EDN has their annual programmable logic review. There's an on-line copy at

listing the major vendors and their principle product lines for FPGAs, CPLDs, and cores. Not exhaustive but it's a good intro.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

As a matter of interest (just a small straw poll) what are everyones current top five 74HC-- series devices (ie ones you are using most in your current desighs)..

Mine are (most to least frequent) 74HC00, 74HC03, 74HC76, 74HC86 and

74HC04.
Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

Geez, I guess I've gotten old. That 74HC and 74HCT stuff still seems newfangled to me. :-)

On the other hand, it might have to do with spending several hours a week working on restoring a computer made from discrete transistors:

Eric Smith