Linux for Advantech PCM-5820.

Hello.
I have never dealt with Linux, but now I have to choose single board
computer on which Linux is to be installed. PCM-5820 attracted me by
it's comparatively low cost. Please, advice, whether this choice is
somehow reasonable or not.

Re: Linux for Advantech PCM-5820.
On 8 Jul 2003 14:28:27 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Alexander

It and the other geode processor based SBCs aren't bad.

They're not really suitable to real time work, as they do some rather
bizzare things with the interrupts, and other than that, the only
slightly tricky thing to get working is the video. There are
framebuffer drivers available or you can use XFree86 4.3 to drive the
video.
--
Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
Software Engineer, Eason Technology

Re: Linux for Advantech PCM-5820.

It works very well. Also consider BCM EBC-3410 which is the same
device in the same form factor, but is slightly cheaper and has two
Ethernet ports.

Site Timeline