Linux code for JRKerr PIC Servo controller

JR Kerr  Automation Engineering (http://www.jrkerr.com /) sells PIC based
motion control cards with resonable prices. Their RS232/485 driver and
example codes are written for  Windows.

Does anyone ported JRKerr's driver and example programs from Windows to
Linux?

Roberto Hawkowski
NoSpam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Re: Linux code for JRKerr PIC Servo controller

From What I Saw of there example code, in this case the QBasic Example it
simply sends out commands via the COM Port

e.g.
Open "COM1:19200,N,8,1,BIN,CD0,CS0,DS0,OP0,RS,TB1024,RB1024" For Random As

Print #1, cmdstr

There for the port would not be too complicated, however these things always
take longer then expected

Lorne....

Re: Linux code for JRKerr PIC Servo controller

I wrote an article for Circuit Cellar Inc. using these guys, and
I wrote Linux serial-port code to talk to the chips.
http://www.circuitcellar.com/pastissues/articles/Kilian120/Kilian120.pdf

You can find the (Lousy) code here:
http://www.bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/PIC-SERVO /
It's a total mess, but maybe you can get something about talking out the
serial port out of it.

I also drive these chips from the MiniRoboMind using a nice (If I do say so
myself)
double-layer PCB I had built for it.
http://bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/Trippy/Board/index.html

If anyone REALLY wants to port the J.R.Kerr stuff, I can probably be convinced
to do it if you tell me you really really will use it.

--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622

Site Timeline