Linux code for JRKerr PIC Servo controller

JR Kerr Automation Engineering

sells PIC based motion control cards with resonable prices. Their RS232/485 driver and example codes are written for Windows.

Does anyone ported JRKerr's driver and example programs from Windows to Linux?

Roberto Hawkowski NoSpam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Roberto Hawkowski

From What I Saw of there example code, in this case the QBasic Example it simply sends out commands via the COM Port

e.g. Open "COM1:19200,N,8,1,BIN,CD0,CS0,DS0,OP0,RS,TB1024,RB1024" For Random As #1

Print #1, cmdstr

There for the port would not be too complicated, however these things always take longer then expected

Lorne....

Reply to
LBNote

I wrote an article for Circuit Cellar Inc. using these guys, and I wrote Linux serial-port code to talk to the chips.

You can find the (Lousy) code here:

It's a total mess, but maybe you can get something about talking out the serial port out of it.

I also drive these chips from the MiniRoboMind using a nice (If I do say so myself) double-layer PCB I had built for it.

If anyone REALLY wants to port the J.R.Kerr stuff, I can probably be convinced to do it if you tell me you really really will use it.

--
- Alan Kilian
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622