linking libraries to banked segments with cosmic c

I'm using the cosmic c tools version 4.4.22 (for the Freescale 9S12 MCU) and would like to be able to link MY OWN libraries to banked segments.

I am thinking that if I compile the code that goes into the libraries with the +modf option, all functions will then be "far" and I can locate them in banked segments.

However, I am not sure what technique to use in the linker command file (.lkf file) to place libraries in specific banks. For example, will this work:

# PIX = 38

+seg .ftext -b 0xe0000 -o 0x08000 -m 0x4000 -w 0x4000 -n Page0 -s CODE # Page 0 of banked code PPAGE=0x38 mylib.a

if I just want to put the whole library in one segment? Do I have the option of locating the individual functions in the library to different segments? If so, what's the syntax?

# PIX = 38

+seg .ftext -b 0xe0000 -o 0x08000 -m 0x4000 -w 0x4000 -n Page0 -s CODE # Page 0 of banked code PPAGE=0x38 mylib.a:myfunction1

# PIX = 30

+seg .ftext -b 0xe4000 -o 0x08400 -m 0x4000 -w 0x4000 -n Page1 -s CODE # Page 1 of banked code PPAGE=0x39 mylib.a:myfunction2

or somesuch?

--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs