Linker Problem with HEW and H8-3687

Hello to everyone,

I have a project running on an H8-3664 (TINY) Processor (Renesas former Hitachi), with 1k RAM. I'm using HEW 1.3(IAR 3.50a). My current Program with

3664, I have 280Byte free (tested with "unsigned char test[280];") Now I need to upgrade to H8-3687 with 3k RAM. I changed the part in the linker (loading the 3687.seg downloaded from Renesas Homepage. Now I can access 1560 Byte, not 280Byte+2K ?? Where is the rest of the memory?? When I try to use more Memory ->Error[16]: Segment UDATA1 is too long for segment definition

The only changing I want to do is creating a Variable of the size of

2016byte. What is going wrong?

Oliver

Reply to
Oliver Hager