Linker/loader directives

I am seeking some (hopefully) general information about linker or loader directives that can be used to cause some arrays used in a C program to be stored at a particular (NVRAM) location. Could you please recommend some reading material? I suspect it may be compiler dependent. I will be using a Microtek compiler and probably an ARM 7 or 9 processor.

Thanx,

gtb

Reply to
goodTweetieBird

It is compiler and linker (and maybe assembler) dependent.

In GNU tools, the way to control locating the linked code/data is to use program sections.

You can put the affected functions or data items to a separately named section with the item attributes (see GCC and binutils manuals). The sections can be separately located to the desired addreses with linker control file directives.

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to