LCD: What can you drive with 32 segments and 4 commons?

I'm completely clueless how LCD driving works but I suspect that it works somewhat like LED driving. However, due to the 'slowness' of the human eye, I can imagine being able to drive a dot matrix character type display with this (5 x 7 pixels per character). But how many characters? And how many pixels in a full graphic display?

Can someone enlighten me?

Reply to
Uddo Graaf

Really easy: multiply: 32 by 4 -> 128

So you can drive 128 Pixels or segments or whatever you call it

This resolution is not really useable for dot matrix displays: with one character using 35 pixels you only can show 3 characters...

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard X. Fuerst