LCD: What can you drive with 32 segments and 4 commons?

I'm completely clueless how LCD driving works but I suspect that it works
somewhat like LED driving. However, due to the 'slowness' of the human eye,
I can imagine being able to drive a dot matrix character type display with
this (5 x 7 pixels per character). But how many characters? And how many
pixels in a full graphic display?

Can someone enlighten me?

Re: LCD: What can you drive with 32 segments and 4 commons?

Really easy: multiply:
 32 by 4  -> 128

So you can drive 128 Pixels or segments or whatever you call it

This resolution is not really useable for dot matrix displays: with one
character using 35 pixels you only can show 3 characters...

Reinhard

Site Timeline