LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?

Can anyone tell me what the part number / manufacturer is for the
2 x 16 LCD display used on Microchip's PicDem.Net demo board?
A URL to a data sheet would be especially helpful.  Oh, and a schematic
for the board itself would really sweet!

Thanks,

rz (at) nikola.invalid

Replace invalid with com to reply.
-
Robert

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
Umm, did you look at the User Manual?? You can get it from Microchip's website.

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
It's not in the user's manual.  At least I didn't think so.  I'll take
another look.

website.

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
The scematic is in the User Manual.

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
On 13 Jul 2003 11:09:37 GMT, the renowned snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Gary Kato)

There are no numbers visible on it, at least without desoldering it.
Looks like a generic COG LCD module to me.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
I have a PICDem2 board (Most of the PICDems seem to use 2x16 LCDs) and I can
make out 16202 in the upper left corner.

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
It seems to be using a Hitachi HD44780 controller, which is what I needed.
Thanks,
-
Robert

can

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?

It is a Fuji FCS2314AK; we had to modify our standard Hitachi LCD driver
when Microchip switched the PICDEM.net display to COG, as there was an issue
with the characters being displayed upside down. However, the Fuji code is
backwards-compatible with Hitachi parts.

Jeremy Bentham
Iosoft Ltd.
www.iosoft.co.uk

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
Also,
I notice that the E signal to this display is RD5, which is also part of the
data bus to the RTL8019.
Without moving this connection to a different port pin, there's no way to
keep the display from being corrupted.
What is "COG"?
-
Robert

needed.
issue

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?
I see, COG = Chip On Glass.

the
is

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?

the

All the circuit diagrams I have show the LCD E signal on RA5; if it were RD5
the LCD would be useless.

Chip On Glass. Initially Microchip used the conventional black-framed
Hitachi-type LCDs, then switched to the COG module when the board went
surface-mount..

Jeremy Bentham
Iosoft Ltd.

Re: LCD type on Microchip's Picdem.Net board?

can't remember what board I purchased, but the lcd was an hd44780
(or somthing like that, just google for "hitachi hd lcd"

 hth
 goose,
   been long since I did anything with the lcd

Site Timeline