LCD module integration

Hi,

I'm trying to build a display board with 320x240 dots RGB (6-bits each LCD module. Any recommendations for a particular manufacturer will b helpful. Also, I would like to know the associated chips which I need t use to interface to the lcd module. I find that some lcd's require 15v an

-15v supply and others require inverter etc. Is there any simple lcd modul which I can use. Or if someone can give a normal procedure for building board with lcd module will be helpful. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Sriram.K

karun_sriram

you first have to get lcd controllers and stuff. try searching au optronics. i also need help with this. i am trying to interface a ccd with an lcd. if u learn anything pls let me know.

Reply to
pat342

Sounds like you have an active TFT QVGA LCD, those LCD usualy require only

3.3V or 5V power supply. Passive STN LCD might need 3.3V/5V for logic and 15V-25V for LCD. Color LCDs come with CCFL backlight. You would neet to get a separate backlight controller to drive it since it requires hundreds of volts. Most cost effective solution would be to choose a micro with built in color graphics LCD controller like Sharp ARM7 devices LH75401/LH75411 or number of ARM9 if you need more horsepower. If you have already chosen your processor, then Epson offers various LCD drivers with internal and external video RAM. Any way you proceed, best start is to get a dev kit that can drive LCD, with this you normally get reference schematics and BOM.

Remis

Reply to
Remis Norvilis