Lantronix Xport Embedded Device Server

I've just recieved one of these devices
http://www.lantronix.com/products/eds/xport/ from Lantronix. Its basically a
little 186 processor plus serial port running a tcp/ip stack, webserver, etc
all housed in a RJ45 connector. It was quite easy to read data in from the
serial port and send it out the ethernet port and vice verca. As far as I
can tell you can't actually modify the code on the device, you just
configure it through the web server.

My problem is that I can't seem to set the device up as a client and server
at the same time. This is because it only seems to allow you to use one
local tcp/ip port. So you can either use it for an incoming or outgoing
connection. All other tcp/ip stacks that Ive seem, you can set the local
port to 0 and the stack allocates a port (client).

Has anybody else used this device? Is it correct that you can have 2 sockets
open at the same time?
If they would allow you to modify the code and have access to the tcp/ip
stack API it would be great...

Re: Lantronix Xport Embedded Device Server

etc
server
sockets

Re: Lantronix Xport Embedded Device Server
Hi Doc
Are you saying that they allow you to re-compile their code with your own
application on top?

basically
the

Re: Lantronix Xport Embedded Device Server

webserver,
as
one
outgoing
local
tcp/ip
You can indeed modify the XPort code. Apparently you use C Builder
environment to edit and compile the code. However the development kit is not
on their website and I've given up waiting for the rep. to give me a copy.
And there are products from other companies that will allow more than one
connection.

Peter

Site Timeline