Lantronix Matchport and the PIC

Hi,

I am trying to connect the Lantronix Matchport b/g attached to a 18F452 t the internet. I know it is meant to be used as a server, but it should b possible. I am having a couple of problems with the design.

1.) Im trying to connect to
and trying to get its homepage Im using one of the google IPs and setting the Matchport to connect usin active startup (autostart to 64.233.167.99:80) but its not connecting Should I be doing something different? Should I instead use the modem mod which has "connect to IP" commands? 2.) The new firmware of the matchport says it "Allows the name of a remot machine to be resolved automatically". Does anyone know how to use this? 3.) Im using the Microchip PIC18F452 and was going to work backwards fro the microchip TCP/IP stack and implement just the HTTP protocol whic routes commands through the serial port. Is there a better way to do this I just cant figure out how to use the HTTP protocol on the matchport.

I am just a student, so please go easy on the verbal abuse, if I have sai something stupid :-). Thanks in advance for helping out.

Rahul

Reply to
murdoc

Does anyone know a software that sends modem commands over a serial port?

be

homepage.

using

mode

remote

from

this?

said

Reply to
murdoc

It can be used as a server, but I expect most people use it as a client.

I used the AT modem commands because it was easy.

Don't know about this; I never use new software. For starters, why don't you use the IP address, so you don't have any problems with DNS.

With matchport you don't need (can't use) a TCP/IP stack. You tell it to connect to a particular address and port. Once you are connected http is really easy. You basically just have to send an ascii header in a particular format.

is a good site. It explains the basics and can get you started.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

Hi, I'm also trying with Matchport b/g but haven't succeeded so far, I need to use it as WiFi client device.I'm facing following problems

I've connected Matchport b/g through level shifters to serial port (DB9) of my PC and is configured for Modem Emulation Mode.I'm able to configure the device for Modem mode ( echo with full Verbose ie connect mode set as D6 ). One thing I noticed that when the device is configured in AD Hoc mode , I'm receiving OK and NO CARRIER on Hyperterminal in response to AT and ATDT commands respectively but if I configure this for ' Infrastructure mode ' I'm not receiving anything in response to any AT command. Why such difference.

On DSL Router I've opened a virtual port and I'm trying to send/Receive data from Socket Workbench on my PC. But In response to ATDT command I'm getting NO CARRIER that too in AD Hoc Mode only.

Kindly share your experience in this regard. Thanks.

Reply to
VjKatoch