Ladder Logic Editor

I have several products that run ladder logic programs. The code running in
those products works well.

I have also written a ladder logic editor program (Visual Basic), to allow
my customers to program the products. This program has been a pain to
support since day one. I really have no interest in coding Windows
applications, and start to cry whenever one of my customers comes across a
bug that needs to be fixed.

Is there such a thing as a "Standard Ladder Logic Editor" that is available
off the shelf? I'm working on a new product now, and would be willing to
rewrite the embedded code to suit (or purchase a C module, or whatever). The
editor would have to run on a standard windows PC, and shouldn't cost more
than a few hundred $US. The editor should be easy to learn and use. Most of
my customers would buy the thing, then write a program 10 rungs long, every
couple of months.

Anybody point me in the right direction? My searches seem to be turning up
hits for proprietary products, that support a "standard" (like IEC 61131).

Thanks,
Hershel Roberson

Re: Ladder Logic Editor
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:07:54 GMT, the renowned "Hershel Roberson"

There is some open source effort in this area, but I don't suppose
that solves your problem. Try posting to sci.engr.control as well.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany