Keypad Interfacing - newbie Question

Hi

I'm working on TMS320F2812, a 32-bit DSP processor.

I have to interface my processor with a Keypad that basically has 6 Keys.

I understand that the interfacing has to be done through the GPIO's of the processor. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to get started ??? a mini tutorial or brief How to is what I'm looking for to help me get started.

thanks

skn

Reply to
skn

This is the same as interfacing any microcontroller to a keypad -- I'd suggest either asking on the embedded group, doing a web search, or looking through back issues of Circuit Cellar.

It is _not_ rocket science.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Whoops -- I thought I was on the DSP group, there. Sorry.

It's still not rocket science, and Circuit Cellar is still a valid resource.

If it's a simple keyboard that just pulls one line up or down for each key, look in the TI example software for something that will read ports. Use that to read your pins, and look for the '1' or '0' that indicates a pressed key. If it's a keyboard that requires you to do a scan, do some web searching -- there should be a good, non-terse explanation out there.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Here's an Atmel reference which is excellent.

The method is the same regardless of processor technology.

--
John B
Reply to

This is another of those questions that crops up fairly regularly but this little document might show you how in very simple terms.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Paul E. Bennett

more goodies from 1980

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

hi

thanks to all u guys for the resources. I have a lot of additional info to play around with now..

will keep you updated of my progress..

regards

skn

Reply to