Key board interface

Hi all,
          I want to interface a 42 key keypad with 8051. I am a newbie
to 8051. Any help, schematic, ideas, references are welcome. Thanks in
advance.

Manikandan.P

Re: Key board interface
I assume it's a 6 by 7 unencoded keypad? The usual way is to attach the columns
to one port and the rows to another port. You set one port to output all ones
except the one you are interested in. You read the other port. The bit with the
0 tells you which switch was being pushed (if any).

Re: Key board interface

columns
ones
with the

    Don't forget to add some debounce code afterwards ----------

Re: Key board interface
Philips  WEB site has an application in the micro's apps section