Key board interface

Hi all, I want to interface a 42 key keypad with 8051. I am a newbie to 8051. Any help, schematic, ideas, references are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Manikandan.P

Reply to
Manikandan

I assume it's a 6 by 7 unencoded keypad? The usual way is to attach the columns to one port and the rows to another port. You set one port to output all ones except the one you are interested in. You read the other port. The bit with the

0 tells you which switch was being pushed (if any).
Reply to
Gary Kato

columns

ones

with the

Don't forget to add some debounce code afterwards ----------

Reply to
c wood

Philips WEB site has an application in the micro's apps section

Reply to
Joseph Goldburg