Just when you thought OTP was a thing of the past :

Just when you thought OTP was a thing of the past, someone shakes things up.

Looks likely to shake up Microchip and Freescale ?

Wonder how they test these ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Yeah, but can they play an .mp3 file (:

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I noticed this legalese near the bottom of the second link, which made we grin a little:

"This press release may contain forward-looking statements based on Silicon Laboratories? current expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements."

Anyway, OTP is fine. In some cases (not during development, of course), it may be preferable to flash.

Interesting. And thanks for the pointer.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan