JTAG port and new OS for MP-C33 wanted

Hi all!

JTAG port and new OS for MP-C33 wanted

The MP-C33 from JVC is a handheld computer with a NEC VR4122 processor with 180 MHz (for picture:

The VR4122 is a MIPS processor. The MP-C33 has WinCE built in. There is a free C-compiler (embedded visual C++ from Microsoft) available. However WinCE is not a good operating system (in my opinon).

I like to have another Operating System for the MP-C33. I searched the web without luck.

and
did not help. For the purpose of downloading a new OS to the MP-C33 a JTAG port would be very helpful. A JTAG port is a port mainly for developers and PCB testing. Someone has found the JTAG-port of the Compaq IPAQ (link:
Is there someone who found the JTAG pins on the PCB of the MP-C33? A working bootloader for the MP-C33 would be very good, too. I tried several bootloaders (see link above) but no bootloader worked. Is there someone who has successfully installed another OS than WinCE on the MP-C33? Even a small OS like ROME
running on the MP-C33 would be very helpful. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Raphael

Reply to
Raphael